Now before you all go jumping down my throat about how I shouldn’t be pushing people off cliffs in the first place, let me give you a bit of background on this guy.
First of all, he’s a huge daredevil. He rides a motorcycle, sky dives, bungee jumps…you name it. This guy is no stranger to danger. In fact, he was even wearing a shirt that said “daredevil” on it on the day that I pushed him. The way I see it, if he doesn’t want to be treated like a daredevil, maybe he shouldn’t dress like one. Just a thought.
Second of all, he was standing right next to the railing on the side of the cliff. He put himself in that situation. I honestly don’t know what he expected was going to happen. It’s a well-known fact that many people have a certain amount of bloodlust. The truth is, I did what a lot of people would have done in the same situation.
Third of all, he didn’t expressly tell me not to push him off the cliff. How was I supposed to know he didn’t want that thrill? Really, if anything he should be thanking me for even wanting to push him off that cliff in the first place.
As it turns out, the fall didn’t kill him, but it did paralyze him from the waist down. And now he’s pressing charges of - get this - attempted murder against me. I certainly didn’t think of what I was doing as attempted murder. Yeah, he could have died, but there was no weapon, no struggle. He just kinda…fell. How was I supposed to know a legal technicality would classify my actions as attempted murder? This whole thing has just been blown way out of proportion.
I mean, I know I screwed up. I get that. But he deserves his share of the blame too. If he hadn’t put himself in that position, I wouldn’t have been tempted to push him. Instead of using me as a scapegoat for his poor decisions, we should be focusing on the root of the problem and teaching people how to avoid getting pushed off cliffs. For example, if you’re going up to a high altitude, bring more than one friend along so you can keep an eye out for potential killers. Don’t wear clothes that imply you want to die. Things like this can keep you safe and prevent you from ruining the life of a person who might try to kill you if given the chance.
So, yeah, I’m really upset about all this. I begged him not to press charges, but apparently he doesn’t care about how this is all going to effect me. Yeah, he’s paralyzed, and that sucks for him, but I’m going to be the one who might have end up going to jail. I’m the one who’s going to have to bear the stigma of being an ex-con for the rest of my life because I made one mistake. I’m the one who’s going to be forever branded as an “attempted murderer”. Did he ever take a moment to think about how all this is going to effect me? How hard it’s going to be for me to get a good job or find someone to go mountain climbing with?
The way I see it, my life is pretty much over now. Thankfully, I’m pretty sure CNN is going to be sympathetic to my plight. I’m also looking forward to the flood of posts online telling that jerk who I pushed that what happened to him was his fault. Because, from what I’ve seen, that way of thinking is pretty common nowadays.
- ask-paint-mako likes this
- the-beauty-of-poison reblogged this from snowynoodles
- snowynoodles reblogged this from lordifani
- lordifani reblogged this from hishap
- lordifani likes this
- novice-city likes this
- haku23 reblogged this from sanwichshares
- onefedupheroine reblogged this from murasakiyugata
- sanwichshares reblogged this from murasakiyugata
- deadhookerbodyslam likes this
- hum-bugg likes this
- theworldstartswithyou likes this
- stardust-ink reblogged this from jolteoners
- chimericalacomist reblogged this from thejeanlaugh
- thejeanlaugh reblogged this from murasakiyugata
- setortilla reblogged this from shinkudragon and added:
- confusedkathlan reblogged this from kiiyoshi
- hikashuma reblogged this from kiiyoshi
- kiiyoshi reblogged this from nenilein
- stardust-ink likes this
- antiloquist likes this
- shinkudragon reblogged this from kimicatdemon and added:
- eluchia likes this
- pinkydragon likes this
- jolteoners reblogged this from nenilein
- jolteoners likes this
- vistakai likes this
- icecreamsoldier likes this
- purdledooturt reblogged this from techopath123
- iwasboundformexico reblogged this from 542306
- luxurious-mato reblogged this from murasakiyugata and added:
- techopath123 reblogged this from nenilein
- mynameiskillian reblogged this from kimicatdemon and added:
- sexmachine reblogged this from murasakiyugata
- stupiditynowofferswisdom reblogged this from kimicatdemon and added:
- stupiditynowofferswisdom likes this
- kimicatdemon reblogged this from mitoreina and added:
- mitoreina reblogged this from procrastinatingattorney and added:
- timaizoned reblogged this from nenilein
- piyoshin likes this
- piyoshin reblogged this from nenilein
- brokuli reblogged this from nenilein
- hakuyruu reblogged this from nenilein
- procrastinatingattorney reblogged this from nenilein
- nenilein reblogged this from murasakiyugata
- goreyfied likes this
- acutebunnybutt reblogged this from needlekind
- figmentsandfactualities reblogged this from why-wolf
- why-wolf reblogged this from needlekind
- jicklet likes this